Sunday, June 24, 2012

1 Month Weight Loss Challenge!

In exactly one month I will be turning 24. I'm not really where I thought I would be at this age and it's driving me nuts!! I really didn't think I would ever get this big nor did I ever want to, but it's my own fault and it's time for a change!

I don't want to wake up one day in my 30's, overweight and miserable. I need to start making the changes to enjoy my life the way I really want to. I'm basically in my mid-20's and the fact that I have spent all of my 20's thus far overweight really bothers me. I watch other moms my age and feel embarrassed with the way I look :(

I feel like by the time the weight comes off I will be too old to wear the cute clothes that everyone else my age seems to be wearing... I know it sounds pathetic and frankly it probably is but health wise I'm not as in bad of shape as I could be.

I'm actually pretty strong, my blood pressure is perfect and besides being extremely low on vitamin D everything else looks pretty good.

The effects I have seen from being overweight are as follows and they are enough to make anyone realize it's time for a change....

my cycles are all weird... like completely different every month- since losing the 9 pounds recently I had a very normal cycle and I'm hoping it's from losing weight

I'm in danger of becoming diabetic... that really is anyone that is over weight but it's a really scary thought

I'm tired a lot- I know it's from the lack of exercise but that is going to be hard considering my small fiber neuropathy.

So there it is... I uploaded a YouTube video about my goals for this month and here it is if your interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7kKKk-pYdo

I really want to start my 24th year off with a bang and feel like I've accomplished something.... my ultimate goal to to be where I want to be by the time I'm 25 as we want more children but I do not want to get pregnant while at this weight!

wish me luck my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment